Dear Gateway Victory:
I felt the passion of God in the air as I spoke Sunday on "seeing what God sees" when He looks at our lives. I believe this is what He's asking us to do - to look and see what He sees.
Battle. Victory. Destiny.
- We see normal, He sees battle
- We see dissatisfaction, He sees victory
- We see security, He sees destiny
What if those things were really the high-stakes and crucial elements of our lives? Imagine re-framing your week in these terms:
- You're in the midst of a crucial battle,
- you're on the brink of game-changing victory,
- and He's asking you to step out, risk for your destiny.
This sure beats our too-often normal, unsatisfactory and stay-safe living! To get this concept out of your inbox and into your life, take action:
Friends, here on the cusp of a brand new fall/winter season, let's take the steps to see things more as God does. Email, ph, txt for more how-to's on this, questions you may have, or your experience with this assignment.
- Do this: Consider a normal conflict or hassle. This is a place to begin to battle for what God wants - bind up a spirit of strife and loose a spirit of harmony. Or make the mountain move like this. Or call in angels to bring what you need. Do it now.
- Do this: Take an area of dissatisfaction. This is a place for you to stand up and speak and declare those things that you desire to come to pass. Take some verses that speak directly to the issue at hand and make the darkness bow! Do it now.
- Do this: Think about how you play it safe and your plans for your safety / security. Now ask God what He wants you to risk, or step out into. What would a person do who was really committed to following in Jesus' footsteps? Do it now.
Here's to one of your greatest weeks ever. Look what God can do!
Prayer Thursday at R and M's, 7-8:30pm
Prayer Sunday mornings in the Nursery / Board Room, 9:15 to 9:50am
Prayer Sunday mornings in the main hall, 10:00 to 10:15am
Let's pray in the new beginnings of God. Let's cover this next season with the plans and purposes of God - for you, for your family and friends and for our church. If you can't make it to any of our prayer environments, shoot us an email if you want some direction, help or have feedback for/from your own prayer times.
OPPORTUNITY: Mara sends out a weekly email with directives for praying to a team of people who have committed to pray for 1 hour per week for our church. Interested?
STAY TUNED FOR SEPTEMBER ANNOUNCEMENTS
ON OUR CHURCH FALL/WINTER PROGRAMMING
Road Map for the Week:
Get a journal, get a pen and see what God shows you as you go through these principles this week. Send me
your experience, or a story, or something God is showing you
Sound Track for the Week:
This is Your Life - Switchfoot. Mmmmm, I'm sure I've used this song here before ....but let the song again play and Jesus speak again!
(This video shows the lyrics - selah!)
Quote of the Week:
“One of the most poisonous of all Satan’s whispers is simply, “Things will never change.” That lie kills expectation, trapping our heart forever in the present. To keep desire alive and flourishing, we must renew our vision for what lies ahead. Things will not always be like this. Jesus has promised to “make all things new.” Eye has not seen, ear has not heard all that God has in store for his lovers, which does not mean “we have no clue so don’t even try to imagine,” but rather, you cannot outdream God. Desire is kept alive by imagination, the antidote to resignation. We will need imagination, which is to say, we will need hope. ”
How have you seen God use you at work to show Godly "leadership"? Send me a story of how this has played out in your experience
Email me back, text me, phone me: Let's have a conversation. I love to hear about your prayer requests, journeying with God, anything on your mind.